Quality of Service is an outstanding and great tool that enables you to teach your router to divide up your accessible bandwidth between applications. With best QoS instructions, you can make sure that your streaming video doesn’t impedimentas a big file is downloading all at once, or that your working laptop isn’t slow when you’re trying to come across that last minute target while your children are playing games online.
It mightassist to contemplate about Quality of Service as this: Let’s make-believe, for ainstant, that your Internet connection is a clinic where the available bandwidth is the huge number of specialists available to treat patients. The patients are the dissimilar applications, and the nurse is the router.
How to Do ConfigurationQoS Traffic on an ASUS RT-AC68U Wireless Router
Description: Here, we will just tell how to go for Quality of Service (QoS) management on an ASUS wireless router. This enables the router to fix thesignificances for several types of web traffic. An instance of this would be setting a main concern for web browsing, while set a lower precedence for online video or file transmissions.
- Go to open a web browser, type 168.1.1into the address bar, and after that select Enter option.
- Go into the administrator username and password and then go to OK. (The default username and password are both admin).
- Click from the advanced menu given on left side, go to Traffic Manager.
- Tap On / Off slider for QoS to start.
- Next go into upload and download bandwidth as given by your Internet Service and next you should enter the Save button. The elementaryQoS settings have now been used.
- So, by default, the router will arrange web browsing over huge file transmissions.